- SEC Announces Fraud Charges Against New York Businessman October 31, 2014The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced securities fraud charges accusing a New York businessman and his software company of making false statements to investors while raising more than $3 million to fund operations. The SEC’s Enforcement Division alleges that Gregory Rorke falsely told investors that he possessed millions of dollars in liquid […]
- SEC and FINRA Warn Investors About Penny Stock Scams Hyping Dormant Shell Companies October 30, 2014The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) today issued an alert warning investors that some penny stocks being aggressively promoted as great investment opportunities may in fact be stocks of dormant shell companies with little to no business operations. The inve […]
- SEC Announces Charges Against Investment Advisory Firm and Top Officials for Custody Rule Violations October 29, 2014The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced charges against an investment advisory firm and three top officials for violating the “custody rule” that requires firms to follow certain procedures when they control or have access to client money or securities. Advisory firms with custody of private fund assets can comply with the custody rule by dist […]
- Steven Levine Named Associate Director for Investment Adviser/Investment Company Exam Program in Chicago October 28, 2014The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that it has named Steven J. Levine as the Associate Director for the Investment Adviser/Investment Company examination program in its Chicago office. He will oversee the IA/IC examination program in nine Midwestern states, with a staff of approximately 65 examiners, accountants, and attorneys. Mr. Levin […]
- SEC Charges Texas-Based Layne Christensen Company With FCPA Violations October 27, 2014The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a global water management, construction, and drilling company headquartered in Texas with violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) by making improper payments to foreign officials in several African countries in order to obtain beneficial treatment and reduce its tax liability. After Layne Christ […]
Stock Fraud Blog (Latest)
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Soreide Law Group ha presentado demandas en nombre de los inversores que adquirieron fondos de bonos po...
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged former JP Turner and Company, LLC, of Atlanta, broker Jason Konner for churning client...
TAG | FCP
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.