- SEC Charges Chicago-Area Father and Son Conducted Cherry-Picking Scheme at Investment Firm May 16, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE2013-90 Washington, D.C., May 16, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a father and son and their Chicago-area investment advisory firm with defrauding clients through a cherry-picking scheme that garnered them nearly $2 million in illicit profits, which they spent on luxury homes, vehicles, and vacations. Addition […]
- SEC Names Keith F. Higgins as Director of Division of Corporation Finance May 15, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE2013-89 Washington, D.C., May 15, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today named Keith F. Higgins as the new director of the agency’s Division of Corporation Finance. Mr. Higgins comes to the SEC from the law firm of Ropes & Gray LLP where he is a partner in its Boston office with 30 years of experience advising public com […]
- SEC Names Lona Nallengara as Chief of Staff May 15, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE2013-88 Washington, D.C., May 15, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that Lona Nallengara has been named the agency’s chief of staff. Mr. Nallengara came to the SEC in March 2011 and served as deputy director for legal and regulatory policy in the Division of Corporation Finance until he was appointed in Decemb […]
- SEC Charges China-Based Executives in Scheme to Overstate Revenues and Divert Money for Personal Use May 15, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE2013-87 Washington, D.C., May 15, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged husband-and-wife executives at a China-based company with engaging in a scheme to overstate the company’s revenues and divert proceeds from a securities offering for their personal use. Additional Materials SEC Complaint The SEC alleges that RIN […]
- SEC, FINRA Issue Investor Alert On Pension or Settlement Income Streams May 9, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE2013-86 Washington, D.C., May 9, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) today issued an investor alert entitled Pension or Settlement Income Streams – What You Need to Know Before Buying or Selling Them. The investor alert informs investors about the risks involved when selli […]
TAG | carr miller nine-month notes scam
It was announced that the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General and the Bureau of Securities filed a lawsuit against Carr Miller Capital LLC and its three principals. Carr Miller is accused of operating a Ponzi scheme and other means to defraud investors of more than $40 million.
It was reported that the firm and its principals used $13.5 million in investor money for cars, luxury vacations and a skybox to watch the New Jersey Devils hockey team at the Prudential Center in Newark. They also put $16 million into hedge funds, real estate, film production companies and an oil and natural gas venture without telling investors, she said.
The state barred Marlton-based Carr Miller from the securities industry, along with three principals: Everett Charles Ford Miller, Brian Patrick Carr, and his cousin, Ryan Jude Carr. A state judge froze assets held by Miller and his companies, and appointed a receiver.
“These defendants operated a Ponzi scheme for their own enrichment at the expense of investors,” New Jersey Attorney General, Dow said. “Instead of investing funds to produce high rates of return as promised, we allege that the defendants spent investors’ hard-earned money on personal luxuries and indulgences.”
Carr Miller offered nine-month notes that purportedly gave annual returns of 10 percent to 15 percent, according to Dow’s statement.
If you feel you have been a victim of the alleged fraudulent Ponzi schemes of Carr Miller Capital or the brokers involved, call a Securities Arbitration Lawyer for a free consultation on how to recover your losses. To speak with an attorney, call 888-760-6552, or visit www.stockmarketlawsuit.com. Soreide Law Group, PLLC., representing investors nationwide before FINRA the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Brian Patrick Carr · broker theft from customers · carr miller · Carr Miller Capital · carr miller nine-month notes scam · elder abuse in investments · Everett Charles Ford Miller · Financial Industry Regulatory Authority · FINRA · FINRA arbitration · finra lawyer · finra securities arbitration · finra securities arbitration lawyer · fort lauderdale securities fraud lawyer · fort lauderdale securities lawyer · fraud · Ft. Lauderdale Securities Lawyer · Ponzi scheme · ponzi scheme carr miller · Ryan Jude Carr · securities arbitraton lawyer · securities fraud lawyer · Soreide Law Group PLLC · stock broker fraud · Stock fraud lawyer · stock loss · stockbroker misconduct